Monday, July 16, 2018

Radish Toast

This blog.  It started as my companion through many years of cooking for one on a vintage stove in a tiny house in the heart of a perfect city.  Then, it challenged me to not forget about it during the early days of my marriage and the birth of our two babies in a slightly bigger house that needed lots of updating in the 'burbs.  Now I'm in another kitchen.  Hopefully one I'll stay in for awhile.  We moved even further into the 'burbs and we're on a freaking cul-de-sac.  But, the kitchen is lovely!    It has color and character.  It's got a DISHWASHER, people.  And it makes me happy to cook in it.


We've lived here about a month, and the kitchen is a constant source of joy for me.  So, while I don't have a whole lot of time to whip up exciting new recipes, I wanted to drop by and remind myself of my old friend bloggy and share my delicious lunch.


This is radish toast.  The radish spread has 3 ingredients:  radishes, goat cheese, chives (and salt and pepper of course).  I plopped it on top of a piece of seedy toasted bread with some smooshed avocado.  This is not necessary, but I'm glad I did it.  I served it with some refrigerator pickles, tomatoes, and snap peas.



It was a good lunch.

2 comments:

  1. I love to see your posts!! Bring the BLOG back. Love you always! XOXO Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see a glimpse of your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete