Sunday, March 27, 2011

BLT&A Salad with Creamy Pesto Dressing

It's a good sign when my salads start having greens in them again. It means spring, since most of my winter salads have grains like quinoa, wheatberries, farro, oat groats, or brown rice instead of lettuce.


So what to put atop my spring salad? I decided to turn the quintessential summer sandwich into a salad and it was so good I think it made the sun shine just a little bit brighter this afternoon. Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado with a creamy pesto dressing - nothing wrong with that!


BLT&A Salad with Creamy Pesto Dressing
lettuce or spinach, chopped
cherry tomatoes, halved
avocado, diced
bacon (I made my own tempeh bacon from this recipe)
1 tsp prepared pesto
1 tsp mayo
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Arrange your lettuce or spinach on a plate. Top with bacon, avocado, and tomatoes.

Shake the pesto, mayo, vinegar, and olive oil in a small jar or whisk in a bowl and add to salad.

Season with salt and pepper.

TWO YEARS AGO: Greens and Beans Salad

1 comment: