Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

This is my contribution to the Thanksgiving day meal (well, this and a bunch of wine). I can't decide if it's an appetizer or a dessert...could easily be either one, but I'm going with appetizer. It will be nice to have something cold, crunchy, and relatively healthy before all that hot mushy food.

The original recipe is from Pampered Chef, I think. A co-worker brought it for a potluck at work a few years ago and I thought it was great! The chips are supposed to be made from flour tortillas but I had some wonton wrappers left in the fridge so I substituted them AND I used leaf-shaped cookie cutters to crank up the cuteness factor.



Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips (adapted from the Pampered Chef)
2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
1 cup strawberries, chopped
zest and juice of 1 medium orange
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. apple jelly (I used orange marmalade)

Mix all together.

For the chips, brush tortillas or wonton wrappers with water and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. If you're feeling fancy, use cookie cutters to make your chips into an adorable shape (snowflakes, leaves, etc). Bake at 300 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment