Monday, February 16, 2009

Lasagna with Zack


So Zack and his friend came to hang out with me on a lazy Sunday. We visited some record stores and had coffee at Dunn Bros. It was a good day! Then we decided to make a pan of lasagna. I wanted something inexpensive and easy, plus Zack wanted to help so I thought it would be fun because I have fond memories of making lasagna in college with the girls.


Turkey Lasagna

Brown some ground lean turkey with onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a skillet

Add 1 jar of good garden veggie pasta sauce (wish I would have used my own but the last batch I made and froze was too runny to use in lasagna so I had to buy some)


In a bowl, mix together 1 small container ricotta cheese, some grated parm cheese, and 1 package frozen spinach (thawed and drained).


Cook whole wheat lasagna noodles according to package.


Layer noodles, meat sauce, and ricotta/spinach in pan. Top with shredded mozzarella and bake until hot and melty.


Serve with green salad, bread, and a great red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment