Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bar La Grassa Beans

I have to confess that my house is devoid of food right now. It's one of those days I need to scrounge to find something to eat. I've been wanting Hummus to go with my Refrigerator Pickles, but I'm out of garbanzos and I don't want to boil water on the stove for hours in this heat.

So I started digging around in my pantry cupboard looking for some thing resembling creamy hummus. I found a lonely can of large butter beans, thought "what the hell?" and mixed some in with my pickles and pickling liquid. I thought it would be good with some salty cheese so I crumbled some parmigiano-reggiano cheese on top and started snacking.

With the first bite, I had mega deja-vu. I had eaten this before....but where??? It hit me - this tastes exactly like the free appetizer you get at Bar La Grassa! City Pages even listed it as one of their 100 favorite local dishes earlier this year.


No recipe, just wanted to post this so I wouldn't forget how good it is.

2 comments:

  1. ur amazing! we just finished a lovely afternoon at the NYC public library where I checked out 3 cookbooks and Ben checked out 3 art books! Took the BUS back to LES - another first! AND Since it's 100 degrees here today we stopped at Tomphkins Square park for giant ice cream cones that we had to race to finish as the ice cream dribbled down our chins! but it was a lovely lovely treat for hot afternoon! kinda like pickels and beans! ;)! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share the recipe. Please, please share. :)

    ReplyDelete