Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Creamy Cucumber Salad

If you are hanging out in South Minneapolis this week and you see a curly-haired chick with a slightly green complexion...it's me. I don't know if my skin really is green, but it should be after all the cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, and kale I've eaten this week.

I had yummy cukes from the Kingfield Farmer's Market and have been waiting and waiting for this time of year to make this salad from www.everybodylikessandwiches.com. It's creamy and rich, but still light and healthy because the creaminess comes from yogurt.


I've been bringing this salad to lunch with some boiled beets thrown into the same tupperware. It turns the yogurt dressing fuchsia, and honestly it MAKES MY DAY to open my lunch container and see that beautiful bright color! How can anyone not smile when their lunch is hot pink???

The cucumber salad also goes very well with salmon burgers, made from this recipe. Know what else goes really well with salmon burgers? Refrigerator pickles! And a fresh slice of tomato. And mayo jazzed up with lemon juice and fresh dill. And toasty buns!


Anyways, I digress. This is a nice way to enjoy a no-cook side salad and use up some of those cucumbers you may have grown, purchased, or been given during the height of MN growing season.


Creamy Cucumber Salad, adapted slightly from Everybody Likes Sandwiches
2 cucumbers, sliced thinly
1/2 Tbsp salt
4 Tbsp plain whole milk yogurt
1 Tbsp mayo
juice of 1/2 lemon
freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
3 scallions, chopped
4 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese

Mix everything together. Chill. Eat.

ONE YEAR AGO: Nothing, I was totally on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment