Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Raspberry Yogurt Popsicles

In these dog days of summer, ice cream seems to be an acceptable dinner. I've done it, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either. The Pumphouse Creamery in Minneapolis is my go-to ice cream shop where the ingredients are locally sourced, the real ice cream is full of fat and flavor, it's all-natural and handmade, and it's within walking distance of my house. The place is awesome.


However, sometimes I feel the need to indulge in a sweet frozen treat that's a little lighter and a lot cheaper. Using free, local, and organic raspberries freshly picked from just outside my back door and freshly made homemade yogurt sweetened with just a smidge of sugar, I made myself a lovely snack (or dinner).


These popsicles were creamy and slightly sweet. But what you really notice is the pure summery tartness of those raspberries. A perfect dinner on another steamy Minneapolis night.


Raspberry Yogurt Popsicles, from Orangette
Makes about 10 small popsicles

Recipe note: if you don't have a popsicle mold (mine was $1 from Target), get creative and use shot glasses or muffin tins. Also, I did strain out the seeds from the mashed berries. It's not necessary but it makes for a sweeter and fancier popsicle.

1 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
1 cup raspberries, mashed with a fork and seeds removed (optional)
2 heaping Tbsp sugar
squeeze of fresh lemon juice

Mix all ingredients together and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze.

1 comment: