Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cran-Feta Turkey Burgers

I'm jonesing for nothing but bad, bad foods lately. I swear I nearly put a frozen pizza in the oven last night. Which would have been a disaster because I'm terrible at portion control when it comes to pizza. But I'm getting pretty darn good at making healthier substitutions.

So for my pizza craving, I used a multi-gran FlatOut and topped it with lettuce pesto, sliced tomato, fresh mozzarella, and kalamata olives. Much tastier AND leaner than a nasty frozen pizza!

Tonight the craving was for nachos. Or really anything crunchy and salty. After some thought, I made a batch of edamole. Perfect.

For my entree, I made my all-time favorite burgers - cran/feta turkey burgers. They were sweet from the cranberries, salty and tangy from the feta, moist from the onion, and all around fantastic. They taste like junk food, but really there's nothing too bad in them! I'm not going to pretend this is any kind of elegant picture or meal, cause it's not at all! But it hit the spot big time.


Cran-Feta Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground lean white meat turkey
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
handful crumbled feta cheese
1/4 yellow onion, grated
Salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together, form into 4 patties, grill a few minutes on each side until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment