Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bouchons au Thon

I spent Friday night staying up way too late reading the best book. It's called A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg (writer of the Orangette blog).

This girl can write. And she can cook and bake. If I wasn't totally a fan before from her blog (I was), I totally am now after reading her book. Now I can't stop reading old posts from her blog! This is how I discovered that on one of her old posts dated Sept 22, she mentions that her birthday was 8 days ago....that would make her birthday Sept 14, 1978...exactly the same day I was born. That's weird, right? Anyways, I loved her book and had to make Bouchons au Thon after reading about them.

Molly describes Bouchons au Thon as tasting "like what I imagined France itself would taste like, if it were small enough to fit in my mouth." You can read about them and see the recipe here (this post is nearly identical to the chapter in her book).

These are baked "tuna cupcakes" made with canned tuna and gruyere cheese. I served them with MORE radishes, fresh spinach, and sunflower seeds sprinkled with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. trying this this week! FABULOUS! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see how you like them. I thought it was good, but the flavor was so intense it kind of shocked me...then I realized my tomato paste was "double concentrated" so that might be why.

    ReplyDelete