Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring Dinner Party

The best and tastiest way to be green and lean is to eat seasonal foods. I wanted my spring dinner party to highlight the best of spring's fruits and veggies.


First up: a simple, elegant, and beautiful radish appetizer. This is my new favorite warm weather lunch. Take a sliced baguette, spread on a layer of any soft cheese (cream cheese, boursin or alouette brand soft cheese, or my favorite herbed goat cheese), add thinly sliced radishes, and sprinkle with chives, salt, and pepper.



Main course: sauteed spring veggies (asparagus, snap peas, and shallot) and sesame seed coated scallops. This looks beautiful, but unfortunately I oversalted the dish and it was nearly inedible. I almost didn't want to post this because I only want to post good-tasting meals, but I think if it were prepared correctly, this would be really great.



Dessert: vanilla bean ice cream topped with roasted rhubarb. To roast the rhubarb, toss it in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes with the juice of an orange or lemon, 3-4 tablespoons sugar, and 2 vanilla beans. Also goes great with greek yogurt for breakfast with a steaming hot cup of super dark coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment