Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3-Course Holiday Dinner for 4 People Under $20

I'm still awaiting word on if I won anything significant from my Cub Foods Plenty for Twenty entry. I won't know until Friday, Oct 14 so I'm trying to be patient!

Cub Foods sure must have liked it, becase they called and asked for another video but this time with a holiday twist. So, I wanted to share with you what I came up with. Thanks again to Colin for the amazing editing skillz.

Here is the video:


And, of course, the bloopers:


Recipes in this episode:
Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

Butternut Squash Risotto

Pumpkin Mousse
Serves at least 4

1/2 butternut squash, roasted and pureed
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped

Mix first 6 ingredients together, then gently fold in your whipped cream. Serve chilled.

2 comments: