Sunday, March 22, 2009

Asparagus and Poached Egg

As promised, here are more delicious green vegetables. When I saw these super skinny asparagus in the store, I had to have them! Unforch, they're not local (I think that will take another month or so), but they sure hit the spot now that it's totally SPRING!!!!




It looks so French to me, that I put on my best French music and totally geeked out while I ate at my breakfast bar. Kind of wanted to put on a beret, too, but that might have been after I drank that huge glass of white wine.


No recipe here, just grilled asparagus and ciabatta with a poached egg and grated parmesan cheese. Couldn't be simpler. By the way, I found a website that explained the best way to poach an egg and it worked.


Perfect Poached Eggs
Slightly boil 1 1/2 inches of water
Crack an egg into a measuring cup and submerge the cup a little ways and tip the egg into the water slowly
Put on a lid and turn off the heat
Set timer for 3 minutes
Remove egg with slotted spoon and shake off excess water


PS: Other than a really juicy pear and a glass of champagne that I had at 4:30 this afternoon, I have posted a picture of every single morsel I've eaten today (so far). I might still be tempted to have a square of that ridiculously yummy Dolfin chocolate. Today was a good one on the "lean" part of this blog's mission. Let's keep it going during the week!!!!


PPS: Thanks to Mireille Giuliano for writng French Women Don't Get Fat (which I read last week) and to Cassandra's vacation pictures for inspiring me to drink champagne in the middle of the day. It's fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment