Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spicy Asian Dressing

Last summer my friend Lindsey made a salad for me with this awesome dressing. I've used it several times, most notably for Cass and Ben's "last supper" in MN before they moved to NYC. Originally adapted from a Bobby Flay coleslaw recipe, it has a spicy kick, tangy lime flavor, and sweetness from the rice vinegar and mayo. The dressing is a little runnier than normal vinaigrettes, but the big flavor will make up for that.





Spicy Asian Dressing
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp chili oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp mayo
1 Tbsp soy sauce


Mix thoroughly (it takes awhile for the mayo to incorporate). I like to shake it in a mason jar.


I serve it on field greens with tuna, edamame beans, and avocado. Would be prettier with something like a red bell pepper in this photo.


Have also done this with tuna cakes (made similar to salmon cakes) and would be spectacular with seared ahi tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment