Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mustard Dill Fish

Someone recently told me this was her favorite thing I'd ever cooked. I've only ever made it twice before and I don't know why I don't make it more often because it's so simple yet fancy enough for entertaining.

Marney and Colin came over last night for dinner (it had been much much too long since the last time I'd had them over) and I whipped up this dish. It would work with any firm white fish - the original recipe called for catfish but I've used cod and wolfish (similar to cod), and I think it would be excellent with halibut. Another reason it tasted so good I think is the farmer's market cherry tomatoes that were at the peak of their ripeness.

We were so excited to eat this meal that I forgot to take a nicely presented photo. So, I was nearly done eating when this photo was snapped.



Mustard Dill Fish
any firm white fish filets
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp fresh dill
1 container cherry tomatoes

Season the fish with salt and pepper. Mix dijon with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp dill. Brush half of mixture on top of fish. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stove.

Cut tomatoes in half, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp dill, and salt and pepper. Set aside.

When skillet is hot, add fish mustard-side down. Salt and pepper the other side of the fish and brush on the rest of the mustard mixture. Cook approx 4 minutes on each side and remove to plate covered with tinfoil to keep hot.

Add tomatoes to the same skillet and cook on high heat for 1 minute. The tomato liquid will mix with the mustard in the skillet and make a delicious sauce to serve over the fish.

Serve with a crisp green salad and great wine.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm one post a week? were dyin here! what r your readers to do? !:) JK! besos!!

    ReplyDelete