Sunday, October 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Energy Balls

Lots of people I have talked to lately have agreed with me that the season change has caused a big increase in appetite. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this, because I seem to be hungry all the time lately!

These energy balls are a tasty way to give you enough oomph to get through the rest of your work day, your commute home from work, a walk around a lake, a Pilates class, grocery shopping, making dinner, or whatever else you need to get accomplished. This is one of a few great recipes I got from Pam Jones, I'm hoping she won't mind that I tweaked the recipe a bit and am sharing it here.

They're not overly sweet like candy so you won't get stuck eating a bunch of them. And while they are probably pretty high in fat, they are so packed full of protein that one or two will give you absolute protection against any further hunger attacks and you won't overeat bad snacks later.


Peanut Butter Energy Balls
2/3 cup peanut butter
4 Tbsp wheat germ
2 Tbsp honey
1 cup powdered milk

Mix first 3 ingredients together and add powdered milk a little at a time until you get a good consistency - you may not need the full cup. Form into balls and roll in more wheat germ OR shredded coconut. Keep refrigerated.

1 comment:

  1. When EGrace and I make these we add raisins too and some times I put flax meal in them for a little extra health boost!

    SMcAlpine

    ReplyDelete