Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chickpea Salad - new and improved

I know I already posted this back in March, when I was giddy about 50 degree weather! Ha! When I made this salad on Sunday (June 7), I whined because it was in the 60's and I wanted my 75 degree weather back. Everything is relative!

Anyways, in March I posted a made up recipe for Chickpea Salad that was pretty good. After reading some old archived posts on Orangette, I found a similar, but infinitely tastier, recipe for Chickpea Salad. I much prefer this version.



Chickpea Salad (adapted from Orangette)
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
red onion, diced
juice of 1/2 lemon
a good drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper
chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (please splurge and buy this, it's amazing)


I dare you to not eat this entire batch within 24 hours of making it. It's addictive.
And it would be great on a picnic - no mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment