Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sugar Snap Pea and Radish Salad

Ok, you may be thinking to yourself right now, "Enough with the radishes!" But dear readers, I simply can't help myself. Local radishes are so tasty when they are at the peak of their season that I've been eating them constantly.

I also happen to have some sugar snap peas from the Farmer's Market in the fridge and when I saw this article in the NY Times I discovered a marriage made in spring vegetable heaven.

The article talks about Locanda Verde, a new restaurant in NYC's TriBeCa neighborhood. This restaurant is owned by Robert DeNiro and has been getting rave reviews. The chef there made a radish and snap pea salad with 2 pestos: sundried tomato/almond and traditional basil. I just so happened to have all these ingredients on hand and whipped up a similar version.

First thing I noticed is, this salad is pretty and colorful. Next thing I noticed: this salad is CRUNCHY. I love crunchy food! Last thing - it's yummy. The sundried tomatoes are an unexpected flavor but it works.


Sugar Snap Pea and Radish Salad
Radishes, cleaned and sliced
Sugar Snap Peas, trimmed and cut in half
Sundried tomatoes, chopped
Almonds, chopped
Basil, chopped
Red wine vinegar
Olive Oil
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated finely
Salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!



Great way to keep my radish obsession going.

1 comment: