Sunday, June 28, 2009

Garlic Scape Pesto

I snagged some garlic scapes at the Mill City Farmer's Market yesterday. A bundle of 7 was only a dollar! I see these things every year and never know what I would do with them. That is, until I saw this post on how to make a pesto out of the garlic scapes! How clever. I love having a batch of pesto in the fridge or freezer to add to sandwiches, pizza, pasta, or egg-filled tomatoes.

The smell that hits you when you slice the scapes is so light and fresh. I got very excited about my pesto at that point. Then I mixed all the ingredients in my food processor and let it rip. It looked so beautiful! Then I took a taste...and was pretty shocked at the intense garlic extravaganza. No worries, I just added a bit more parmesan, salt, pepper, and olive oil and the pesto turned out beautifully. So this recipe is for all the garlic lovers out there. Enjoy!



I had this pesto for lunch today spread on crusty bread with goat cheese and a sliced tomato. Yum, summer is so delicious.

Garlic Scape Pesto
garlic scapes
sliced almonds
parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt and pepper

Mix all together in a food processor until you get the flavor and consistency you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment