Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Snack

I've been trying to pretend I live in Europe for several months now (in my eating habits). I've never actually felt like this pretending has worked (except for the times I've been in NY with Cass).

Until today.

I had a lovely early lunch of leftover FlatOut pizza topped with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, and goat cheese, then spent the better part of the day sitting in the sunshine reading a book. This was very necessary since Sunday is a day of rest and I had spent nearly all of Saturday doing hard manual labor in my yard. Around 3:00 pm my stomach started growling at me.

Here is the beautiful snack I ended up enjoying on the deck with a big glass of white wine.


  • 1 slice German sour rye bread (from Mill City Farmer's Market), grilled and topped with shredded Gruyere cheese until it's melty.
  • Local fresh radishes (from Mill City Farmer's Market), sliced in half and sprinkled with coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper and served with a pat of fresh butter
  • A handful of fresh and local sugar snap peas (yep, you guessed it...Mill City Farmer's Market)
I've never actually been to Europe, but I certainly felt transported there as I enjoyed this snack in my beautiful backyard. Summer is definitely here!

No comments:

Post a Comment