Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

Preparing for another week of work means thinking about lunches.

I have to do better than last week...I ate out 3 times (and it was only a 4-day week!!!). Shame.


So, in a quest to pack more hearty winter soups and salads, I decided to do something with beets. Beets and goat cheese are a very popular pairing but I've never done one of these salads before. It's ridiculously simple. I would recommend roasting your own beets, although if you happen to find yourself one very lazy Sunday with a growling stomach and no desire to go to the grocery store, I can attest that canned beets do in fact make a satisfactory substitution.


Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

Mixed field greens

Roasted (or canned) beets

Goat cheese

Toasted Walnuts


Dressing: dijon, sherry vinegar, honey, S&P, olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment