Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cookbooks

I don't have a whole lot of cookbooks. Most cookbooks that have recipes I like also have about 50 recipes I would never ever make. Not eating red meat seriously limits the cookbooks I want to spend my money on.

So I got to thinking about creating my own personal cookbook that would contain only recipes I want to make - if only I could pick and choose good recipes from many sources and keep them all corralled in one place for easy reference, I would never be at a loss for something to make for dinner.

All I had to do was buy a recycled 3-ring binder and some plastic sheet protectors and I started collecting my favorite recipes from http://www.foodnetwork.com/, Cooking Light magazine, and any other places that I came across good recipes. I love my cookbook, it's so personalized - it's all mine and I don't care if others don't like the recipes I put in there because it's not meant to please anyone but myself,...kind of like this blog!


Another source of good recipes is to go to www.cookinglight.com and sign up for their daily recipe email. I often get really great ideas from these daily emails and if I like it a lot I print the recipe out and add it to my cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment