Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Homemade All Natural Lip Balm

I took a Minneapolis Community Education class with 2 of my favorite ladies Alicia and Terrin in November. We learned how to make homemade lip balm. The class was only OK, but the method and recipe were winners. Terrin and I spent a Friday night with a good bottle of wine and made MANY batches of lip balm until 4 in the morning! We had a blast picking out essential oil scents at the Wedge Co-op in Minneapolis, and adding shavings of my old lipsticks to tint the balm. They turned out super cute and I ended up with some more homemade Christmas gifts.


This picture isn't the best, but I think you get the general idea. We went with a vintage pin-up theme for the cute little tubs of balm. I think we made these the same day Bettie Page died so that's her picture on the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment